Kapital HR is recruiting for one of its clients, one of the most well-known international companies in organizing exhibitions and conferences, an experienced Project Manager, in Dubai.
The role of the Project Manager is to create a project strategy, project plan, set achievable and project budget(s), implement said strategies and coordinating the project team with a pipeline in order to achieve mentioned strategy and goals. Furthermore, the role includes managing the project team, the project marketing, the project sales as well as developing markets and approaching possible exhibitors.
The position holder is responsible for
• Project strategy:
– Creation of the event Format & Features
– Analysis of previous shows and market trends through statistics and market research
– Identify contributors – exhibitors, sponsors, associations, governments, other organizations
– Setting of quantitative achievable
• Project plan:
– Create and implementing pipeline & timeline
– Creating and implementing budget
– Allocating quantitative achievable to individual team members
• Market research:
– Identifying contributors in their allocated regions
– Building database of possible contributors
– Researching contributors in database and estimate value of each contributor
– Maintaining database of contributors who actually participated in past events
• Sales & Marketing:
– Establishing contact with contributors in database through individual approach
– Maintain contact with possible contributors through follow up
– Negotiation of terms of participation, sending of sales contracts, receiving signed & stamped sales contracts
– Contacting and establishing participation contracts with previous contributors which have been acquired from the individual sales executive
– Creation of an individual pipeline outlining the activities and workload of the individual sales executive in accordance with the paramount project pipeline and timeline
– Researching and visiting relevant exhibitions and shows in the sales executive’s allocated region
– Updating floor plan in regards of availability
• Team Management:
– Tracking & evaluation of performance of team members in accordance with achievable
– Conducting team meetings
– Identifying training needs of team members
– Creation of weekly sales report
– Participating in weekly meetings to ensure achievable set by the exhibition manager are met
• Other duties as assigned by the position’s line manager and/or the company’s management
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the development and maintenance of a strategic plan in collaboration with the senior management team.
• Oversee and monitor the strategic plan to ensure it is carried out on time and to budget.
• Agree the annual exhibition budget with the senior event management team and cascade this to team members.
• Uphold the brand reputation of Strategic as the premier exhibition & events provider at all times.
• Ensure that the planned exhibition growth and targets are achievable with available resources.
• Create event content and features with the team that will ensure longer term visitor interest and or commercial success.
• Evaluate event effectiveness and recommend strategies for improvement.
EXHIBITION FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
• Control and manage exhibition costs within budget through monthly reviews with Marketing and Exhibition Managers
• Liaise with the finance team to ensure compliance with event budget
• Ensure all documentation required is completed accurately and on time
• Track and document all revenue and cost transactions and communicate with the accounts department
• Oversee event sales targets for team members.
• Lead and manage the sales team through monitoring sales activities and performance in coordination with the Sales Director.
• Schedule regular sales meetings in order to review performance and productivity and provide guidance and direction.
• Lead by example by bringing in sales and sponsorship deals.
• Analyze rebooking statistics and identify ways to maximize client retention.
• Strategize and produce opportunities for the exhibition teams to increase non-square-meters sales.
• Provide opportunities for growth within each exhibition profile.
• Create useful, internal working relationship with the Marketing Department.
• Contribute to the marketing strategy and oversee the execution of marketing plans and schedules in collaboration with the event marketing team.
• Monitor marketing activities and ensure they are executed on time and in-line with marketing plans.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to design/create copy for marketing materials, websites and digital media.
• Monitor database growth in appropriate markets and feedback on improvements.
• Establish a useful, internal working relationship between the Sales and Marketing team and the Operations Department.
• Continually liaise with Operations Department with respect to floor plans and ensure client requirements are maintained.
• Closely adhere to logistics plans.
• Assist and provide support to the Operations team onsite, pre-, during a post-event.
The position holder should have
• Knowledge of CRM system
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of a Project Management Software
• 5-6 years’ experience in managing exhibitions
• Working knowledge of allocated sector & industry
• Working knowledge of key countries & regions
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The position holder should have
• A project management degree (PMP or equivalent)
• Communication skills (written & spoken) in English; other languages preferable
• Time management skills
• Prioritization skills
• Follow-up skills
• High degree of organization
• Sales personality
• Ability to lead and motivate other
Candidates interested in the position can send their CV to email@example.com