We are looking for an experienced person to relocate to Dubai as a Project Manager for one of the biggest exhibitions and events companies.
The role of the Project Manager is to create a project strategy, and project plan, set achievable and project budget(s), implement said strategies, and coordinate the project team with a pipeline to achieve the mentioned strategy and goals. Furthermore, the role includes managing the project team, the project marketing, and the project sales as well as developing markets and approaching possible exhibitors.
The position holder is responsible for
• Creation of the event Format & Features
• Analysis of previous shows and market trends through statistics and market research
• Identify contributors – exhibitors, sponsors, associations, governments, other organizations
• Setting of quantitative achievable
• Create and implement pipeline & timeline
• Creating and implementing budget
• Allocating quantitative achievable to individual team members
• Identifying contributors in their allocated regions
• Building a database of possible contributors
• Researching contributors in the database and estimating the value of each contributor
• Maintaining a database of contributors who participated in past events
Sales & Marketing:
• Establishing contact with contributors in the database through an individual approach
• Maintain contact with possible contributors through follow-up
• Negotiation of terms of participation, sending of sales contracts, receiving signed & and stamped sales contracts
• Contacting and establishing participation contracts with previous contributors which have been acquired from the individual sales executive
• Creation of an individual pipeline outlining the activities and workload of the individual sales executive by the paramount project pipeline and timeline
• Researching and visiting relevant exhibitions and shows in the sales executive’s allocated region 2
• Updating floor plan regarding availability
• Team Management:
• Tracking & and evaluation of the performance of team members by achievable
• Conducting team meetings
• Identifying the training needs of team members
• Creation of weekly sales report
• Participating in weekly meetings to ensure achievable set by the exhibition manager are met
• Other duties as assigned by the position’s line manager and/or the company’s management
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the development and maintenance of a strategic plan in collaboration with the senior management team.
• Oversee and monitor the strategic plan to ensure it is carried out on time and to budget.
• Agree on the annual exhibition budget with the senior event management team and cascade this to team
• Uphold the brand reputation of Strategic as the premier exhibition & and events provider at all times.
• Ensure that the planned exhibition growth and targets are achievable with available resources.
• Create event content and features with the team that will ensure longer-term visitor interest and or
• Evaluate event effectiveness and recommend strategies for improvement.
EXHIBITION FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
• Control and manage exhibition costs within budget through monthly reviews with Marketing and Exhibition Managers
• Liaise with the finance team to ensure compliance with the event budget
• Ensure all documentation required is completed accurately and on time
• Track and document all revenue and cost transactions and communicate with the accounts department
• Oversee event sales targets for team members.
• Lead and manage the sales team by monitoring sales activities and performance in coordination with the Sales Director.
• Schedule regular sales meetings to review performance and productivity and provide guidance and direction.
• Lead by example by bringing in sales and sponsorship deals.
• Analyze rebooking statistics and identify ways to maximize client retention.
• Strategize and produce opportunities for the exhibition teams to increase non-square-meters sales.
• Provide opportunities for growth within each exhibition profile.
• Create useful, internal working relationships with the Marketing Department.
• Contribute to the marketing strategy and oversee the execution of marketing plans and schedules in
collaboration with the event marketing team.
• Monitor marketing activities and ensure they are executed on time and in line with marketing plans.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to design/create copy for marketing materials, websites, and
• Monitor database growth in appropriate markets and feedback on improvements.
• Establish a useful, internal working relationship between the Sales and Marketing team and the Operations
• Continually liaise with the Operations Department concerning floor plans and ensure client requirements are maintained.
• Closely adhere to logistics plans.
• Assist and provide support to the Operations team onsite, pre-, during a post-event
We are looking for your Cv and letter of intention!